Thursday, March 6, 2008

Doggies

I can't log in to the SPOT web page tonight (web tracking down for planned maintenance), but I did check in at around 2:30 this afternoon. I'm a little confused as to where Cripple is. The topo maps have it further back than the lat/lon of the Iditarod's tracking page.

I believe the Iditarod coordinates are correct, and if so, Mike would have been passed by the leaders sometime during the night. However, everyone that's in Cripple has a mandatory 24 hour layover, so today should have been dog free. As of 2:30p he was beyond the coordinates of Cripple.

But they should be back on the trail early tomorrow morning, meaning he will have paw holes (and the associated brown streaks) to contend with. Once on the Yukon River, at Ruby, that should be less of an issue since the route is simply the river, and it's very wide.

No map, but here is a pic from Epic Eric once again, on the first day of Mike's trip. I was saving it for when the mushers caught him.